How to use your unique Promo Code
|Step 1||Visit https://store.sony.com.au/
|Step 2||Add an Eligible Product to cart, apply your unique Promo Code and complete purchase using the same email address received the Promo Code at – this is important. If the code is applied with a different email address that is not subscribed to Sony, we will not be able to send you your code.|
|Step 3||That's it! Your Stan Code for your BONUS 12 month Stan Premium & Stan Sport subscription will be sent to the Eligible Recipient's registered email address (being the same address that the Eligible Recipient used to receive the Promo Code) approximately 2 to 6 weeks from order shipment date.|
Full Terms & Conditions
Sony x Stan May Promotion
- Instructions on how to qualify for, receive and redeem the Stan Offer forms part of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Participation in this Sony x Stan Promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Cannot be used with staff, student, or partner purchases.
- Eligible Recipients who make a Qualifying Purchase of an Eligible Product during the Purchase Period and who redeem the Stan Code during the Redemption Period will be eligible to receive a Stan Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of this Promotion is Sony Australia Limited (ABN 59 001 215 354) of Level 7, 73 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 (“Promoter” or “Sony”).
- The Promotion commences at 09:00 AM AEST on 02/05/2022 and closes for Qualifying Purchases at 11:59PM AEST on 31/05/2022 or while stocks of Eligible Products last, whichever occurs earlier (“Purchase Period”). The right to redeem the Stan Offer is effective from 9:00AM AEST on 02/05/2022 and closes at 11:59PM AEST on 30/09/2022 (“Redemption Period”).
Definitions and Interpretation
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a) “Basic Plan” means the Stan Basic Plan for the Stan Service described at https://help.stan.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005777028-Stan-subscription-plans
b) “Eligible Product” means any of the following Sony TV products purchased from the Sony Online Store or a Sony Store:
XR65X95J, XR75X95J, XR85X95J
XR50X90J, XR55X90J, XR65X90J, XR75X90J
KD43X85J, KD50X85J, KD55X85J, KD65X85J, KD75X85J, KD85X85J
c) “Online Sony Account” means an Eligible Recipient’s Sony account at https://store.sony.com.au/myaccount;
d) “Premium Plan” means the Stan Premium Plan for the Stan Service described at https://help.stan.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005777028-Stan-subscription-plans
e) “Promoter Group Company” means any local or international company forming part of Sony Group Corporation (Japan);
f) “RRP” means recommended retail price;
g) “Sony Online Store” means Sony’s online store located at https://store.sony.com.au
h) “Sony Store” means any of the physical Sony stores located in Castle Hill, Chatswood and Parramatta, New South Wales;
i) “Stan” means Stan Entertainment Pty Ltd (ABN 94 168 856 924);
j) “Stan Code” means a coupon code and/or hyperlink for the Stan Offer.
k) “Stan Offer” means the offer to receive a Stan Code in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and to be provided with access to the Stan Service up to the value of RRP $348 for:
i. a twelve (12) month Stan Premium subscription; and
ii. a twelve (12) month Stan Sport subscription;
l) “Stan Service” means the streaming service Stan, https://www.stan.com.au/;
m) “Standard Plan” means the Stan Standard Plan for the Stan Service described at https://help.stan.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115005777028-Stan-subscription-plans
n) “Promo Code” means the code issued by Sony to be used by Eligible Participants to purchase an Eligible Product;
o) “$” is a reference to Australian Dollars (AUD); and
p) the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- To be eligible to qualify for, and receive, a Stan Code each participant must during the Purchase Period:
a) be an Australian resident with an Australian residential address;
b) be aged 18 years and older. Participants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to participate in this Promotion and the parent/guardian of the participant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor participating in this Promotion. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to participate in this Promotion;
c) be opted in as a subscriber to Sony’s marketing communications;
purchase an Eligible Product from:
ii. a Sony Store,
and either apply the Promo Code to the participant’s online cart at the point of purchase or present the Promo Code to a Sony staff member at a Sony Store at the point of purchase (as applicable) (“Qualifying Purchase”); and
f) continue to be opted-in to receive Sony marketing communications at the time Sony distributes the Stan Code via email,
(each an “Eligible Recipient”).
- A limit of one (1) Stan Code is permitted per Eligible Recipient. The Stan Offer is available for personal use only and not for re-sale, commercial or leasing purposes.
- The Stan Offer is limited to while stocks of Eligible Products last.
- Qualifying Purchases made by Eligible Recipients will be automatically validated and Eligible Recipients will not be required to submit a claim to receive the Stan Code.
- Eligible Recipients can only participate in the Promotion in their own name (or nickname if chosen). The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Eligible Recipients (including an Eligible Recipient’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the redemption process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Recipient, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Recipient.
Receipt of Stan Code
- Once an Eligible Recipient has made a Qualifying Purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Stan Code will be sent to the Eligible Recipient’s registered email address (being the same address that the Eligible Recipient used to receive the Promo Code) approximately 2 to 6 weeks from order shipment date.
- The Stan Code must be activated by the Eligible Recipient during the Redemption Period and in accordance with the Stan Offer Terms and Conditions set out below. The Promoter is not responsible should the Eligible Recipient fail to activate or redeem the Stan Code within the Redemption Period. The Stan Code cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, or be replaced or extended after expiry of the Redemption Period.
- If, due to an error by the Eligible Recipient, the Promoter issues the Stan Code to the wrong email address, the Promoter will not be responsible or liable to the Eligible Recipient to reissue a replacement Stan Code to the Eligible Recipient in order to rectify the error. The Promoter can, at their sole discretion, resend the Stan Code to the Eligible Recipient’s correct email address if the Eligible Recipient notifies the Promoter in writing of the Eligible Recipient’s correct email address.
- Subject to clause 26, the Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the Stan Code from any Eligible Recipient, or to request payment for the value of the Stan Offer where the Stan Code has been redeemed by the Eligible Recipient or is no longer in the possession of the Stan Code, if an Eligible Product the subject of a Qualifying Purchase is returned (and the Eligible Recipient receives a partial or full refund of the purchase price of the Eligible Product) after the Stan Code has been dispatched.
16. Eligible Recipients are responsible for ensuring that their registered email address in their Online Sony Account is up to date, and the Promoter is not responsible for issuing the Stan Code to a new email address if the Eligible Recipient’s email address is no longer used, locked, or otherwise incapable of receiving the Stan Code or in the case of an incorrect email address. Each Eligible Recipient agrees that he or she will not bring a claim against the Promoter, its employees, directors, agents or contractors (including any Promoter Group Company and/or any Promoter Group Company’s employees, agents or contractors) to recover the Stan Code due to it being unable to be received in accordance with this clause.
- If the Stan Code is unable to be issued to an Eligible Recipient for any reason outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Stan Code with an alternative voucher or gift card of the same value.
Stan Offer Terms and Conditions
- The issuer of the Stan Offer is Stan.
- Redemption of the Stan Code is subject to the following additional terms and conditions (“Stan Offer Terms and Conditions”):
The Stan Offer is only available to individuals who:
are Eligible Recipients and particularly meet the
requirements of clauses 6(a) and 6(b) above;
ii. have received the Stan Code via email from Sony as part of the Promotion; and
iii. are existing or new Stan subscribers and, if new subscribers, register an account with Stan,
(collectively, “Stan Eligible Customers”).
Sony will email Stan Eligible Customers with a Stan Code
in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Stan Offer must be redeemed
by clicking the unique link at https://www.stan.com.au/sony-tv (“Stan Offer Page”) and completing
the instructions on the Stan Offer Page to redeem the Stan Code and access the
Stan Offer during the Redemption Period.
To redeem the Stan Offer, Stan Eligible Customers must
register for the Stan Service using an eligible payment method via the Stan
Offer Page. Stan will be responsible for fulfilling the Stan Offer to Stan Eligible
Customers and will provide any necessary support to Stan Eligible Customers
The Stan Offer and Stan Service will be available from
the date a Stan Eligible Customer activates the Stan Offer for a period of
twelve (12) months (“Stan Offer Period”), provided that the Stan Offer is redeemed within
the Redemption Period.
Stan Eligible Customer is an existing Stan subscriber, the following will apply:
if a Stan Eligible Customer is on the Basic Plan or
Standard Plan, the Stan Eligible Customer will automatically be upgraded to the
Premium Plan and have access to Stan Sport once the Stan Eligible Customer has
successfully redeemed the Stan Code;
if a Stan Eligible Customer is on the Premium Plan, the
Stan Eligible Customer will remain on the Premium Plan and have access to Stan
Sport once the Stan Eligible Customer has successfully redeemed the Stan Code.
Once a Stan Eligible Customer has successfully
redeemed the Stan Code:
The Stan Offer will take effect immediately and the
Stan Eligible Customer will not be charged during the Stan Offer Period (unless
the Stan Eligible Customer’s account is cancelled or otherwise in accordance
these terms and conditions).
At the end of the Stan Offer Period, Stan will
commence billing the Stan Eligible Customer’s payment method the Stan Service
monthly fees for the plan which the Stan Eligible Customer is using at the end
of the Stan Offer Period (including any add-on package as part of the Stan
Offer) at the time of the next billing cycle, unless the Stan Eligible Customer
cancels or otherwise downgrades their Stan subscription before such time.
iii. If a Stan Eligible Customer cancels their account with Stan during the Stan Offer Period, the Stan Offer will terminate at the end of the Stan Offer Period, and the Stan Eligible Customer will not be charged.
Stan Eligible Customers must use a supported device
connected to the internet in Australia to use the Stan Service. To find out
what devices are supported go to: https://help.stan.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/202759750.
When a Stan Eligible Customer signs up for the Stan
Service to redeem the Stan Offer, all Stan Eligible Customers must accept these
Terms and Conditions”).
Please be aware that Stan will collect, use and disclose personal information when you activate the
use and disclosure of that information, as well as details on how Stan Eligible
Customers can access their personal information or raise any complaint.
Stan Eligible Customers agree that Stan may use Stan
Eligible Customers’ personal information for the purpose of direct marketing in
accordance with the Stan Terms and Conditions.
Unless you cancel or, where applicable, downgrade your
Stan subscription prior to the end of the Stan Offer Period, Stan will use the
payment method detail linked to your Stan account (“Payment Method”) at the end of
the Stan Offer Period to charge monthly subscription fees in accordance with clause
You are responsible for all access, data and other
costs associated with your internet and mobile usage in accessing and using the
The Stan Offer is not transferable and cannot be
redeemed for or substituted with cash.
The Stan Offer is not available in conjunction with
any other Stan offer, trial or promotion.
The Stan Offer cannot be applied to Stan accounts
created via iTunes or any other third-party provider.
A limit applies of one (1) Stan Offer per Stan
Stan Eligible Customers must have an Australian
residential address in order to redeem the Stan Offer.
Nothing in these Stan Offer Terms and Conditions
excludes, restricts, or modifies any rights that Stan Eligible Customers have
under existing laws or regulations and codes, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and fair trading laws.
As a condition of redeeming the Stan Offer on behalf
of a Stan Eligible Customer under the age of 18 years old, the Stan Eligible Customer’s
parent or guardian must accept these Stan Offer Terms and Conditions.
Stan reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel
the Stan Offer at any time in its sole discretion upon written notice to you if
Stan determines there has been a breach of any of the Stan Terms and Conditions.
u) These Stan Offer Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- Any costs associated with accessing any of the required websites set out in these Terms and Conditions remain the responsibility of each participant and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
- The Promotion may be extended at the Promoter’s and Stan’s joint discretion.
- In the event of any factors outside the Promoter’s control which prevent this Promotion running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any written directions from government or regulatory authorities. For the purposes of this clause such matters outside the Promoter’s control include but are not limited to pandemic, terrorism, state of emergency, computer virus or hacking, fraud or any other technical difficulties or equipment malfunction which adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of this Promotion.
- The Promotor’s decision on any matter in connection with these Terms and Conditions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to disqualify any participant, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allow a participant to automatically participate repeatedly is prohibited and will prevent such participants from participating in this Promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees set out in Schedule 2 - Australian Consumer Law of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“CCA”), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter’s liability for breach of such condition, warranty, or other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Promoter’s election), to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (ii) repairing the goods; (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (i) supplying eh services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim by a participant to redeem the Stan Code that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any tax liability incurred by a participant; (e) taking/use of the Stan Code and/or the Stan Offer.
- Any provision of these Terms and Conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purpose of that jurisdiction, if possible, as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. Each participant submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- Questions about this Promotion may be directed to the Sony customer support team by telephone on 1300 137 669 or by email at Sony_Support.firstname.lastname@example.org.